Pesto is one of my favourite foods to eat, especially with pasta. When I first learned how to make pesto, I was in Italy. The lady who taught me used basil, pine nuts, olive oil, salt, Parmesan cheese and two teaspoons of butter and blended them in a food processor until it turned into a paste. After that she went to cook the pasta. She boiled water and added strips of potato. Cooked the potatoes for 10 minutes and then she added the Linguine and cooked based on the instructions on the packet. On a serving plate she spread a teaspoon of butter and pesto, two teaspoons of hot water the pasta and then the Parmesan. It was a very delicious dish and every time I eat pesto, it takes me back to that time. In my own recipe I don’t use the potatoes or butter, to make it a little more healthy. The dish below is easy and delicious, I hope you enjoy
These are the ingredients after they have been cooked.
Lots of colour and healthy veggies in this dish
- 250g bag Tagliatelle pasta
- 250g pesto
- Roasted Vegetables
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ one pumpkin
- 1 potato
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 egg plant
- 1 zucchini
- ½ one yellow capsicum
- ½ one red capsicum
- ½ one green capsicum
- 250 grams chicken diced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic parsley paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Roasted Vegetable Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 200C or 15 minutes
- Wash, peel and dice the vegetables. Place the vegetables in an oven proof dish and sprinkle salt and lemon pepper over the top and drizzle the olive oil generously over the top.
- Cook for in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Chicken Instructions
- Marinate the chicken in the garlic parsley paste, salt and lemon pepper for 1 hour.
- Preheat the sauce on high heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Tagliatelle Pasta
- Bring a large sauce pan to the boil, and add the pasta. Cook for 10 minutes stirring often to avoid the pasta from sticking together.
- Drain using a colander and pour the pasta into a large mixing bowl. Add the pesto and mix well, ensuring the pasta is evenly covered. Then add in the vegetables and chicken mix well and serve.