This spaghetti is great with bread and salad, but it’s equally great on it’s own or just with a salad for those watching their weight.
The recipe for the Bolognese sauce is here.
Italian Style Spaghetti Bolognese
- 500g thin spaghetti
- 300g mixed lettuce
- 1 french bread baguette
- 2 tablespoons of pesto
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan filled with boiling salted water.
- Cook the pasta for 10 minutes or until tender and then drain the pasta
- Place the pasta in a large bowl and add the bolognese sauce, toss the two together until the pasta is covered well with the sauce.
- Place the pasta on a serving plate and serve with a pesto baguette.
- pesto baguette
- Cut the French bread in to chunky slices and brush with the basil pesto sauce
- Place the bread on a tray and toast in the oven for 5 minutes on 200 degrees.