This is the green curry paste Iused for the Asian Inspired lamb. this curry paste is easy to make most of the time I make enough quantity to last for a while so when I want to cook Asian dishes I have the sauce handy.
The bottom row are the ingredients for the Green Curry Paste, the top row are the ingredients for the Basic Spice Mix.
The paste should be thick
both the Green Curry Paste and the Basic Spice Mix
- ½ to ⅓ cup vegetable oil (the amount will depend on paste consistency)
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ bunch coriander
- 1 medium brown onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 small pieces of fresh ginger peeled
- ½ of one lemon
- 1 lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of basic mixed spice
- Chop the parsley, coriander, brown onion, garlic cloves, ginger, lemongrass and lemon and place them in the food processor, add the basic mixed spice and sugar and add the oil last.
- Blend until it becomes a paste. Add more oil depending on the paste consistency, make sure this paste is thick