I cooked this dish after coming home from my son’s soccer match. It’s a simple dish that ‘s quick to make. I grilled the vegetables on the stove to save time. I used some left over pesto sauce to give it some extra flavour. While the food was in the oven, I did the washing up and had a spotless kitchen by serving time. After lunch my son washed the dishes (all 2 of them!) and I enjoyed a cup of coffee.
A quick way to quick veggies!
Ready to serve up
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium eggplant
- 8 baby potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 8 baby carrots
- 1 celery stick
- 100g broccoli
- 2 zucchinis
- 500g chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon vegetable seasoning
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- In a fry pan preheat 4 tablespoons oil on high heat. When the oil is hot add the onions and cook for 3 minutes, then add the eggplant (sometimes eggplants will absorb the oil, so you may need an extra 2 tablespoons of oil) and cook for 2 minutes. Add the remaining vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables golden, then place them in the oven to grill on 250 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into 3 parts and rub in the pesto and vegetable seasoning
- Put the fry pan on medium heat adding in the remaining oil. When the oil is hot cook the chicken for 3 minutes on each side, until golden. Then place the fry pan in the oven to cook the chicken for a further 7 minutes.
- Once the chicken and vegetables are cooked, place them on a serving plate and drizzle some pesto on top.